Following the rousing success that was Monster Hunter World, the Monster Hunter series is now at the height of its mainstream popularity.
After countless updates and expansions, World support was slowed in favour of two titles that were released this year – Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, both of which have already performed exceptionally well.
As is the norm with Capcom, both games have already received tons of support, with plenty more to come in the future.
The latest of this support comes today, September 30, where Monster Hunter Stories 2 has just received its latest update. Here is everything you need to know, including the patch notes.
Are there any major changes in this Monster Hunter Stories 2 update?
The September 30 Monster Hunter Stories 2 update is a fairly significant one.
It adds some new monsters, new Co-Op quests and new subquests as well as fixing a range of different bugs.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 update September 30 – full patch notes.
Here are the full patch notes for the September 30 Monster Hunter Stories 2 update, take from Capcom’s official website.
Main Additions / Changes
- If you have a Battle Buddy when you select “Start Now” while in the Riders Hub, your Battle Buddy and their Monstie (if they have one) will join you on the quest.
Note: If you don’t have a Battle Buddy, you will be joined by an NPC the same as before.
- (High Difficulty) Kulve Taroth
Note: This is a Co-Op Quest exclusive monster.
- Molten Tigrex
- Dreadking Rathalos
Additional Co-Op Quests
- ★9 (Time) Fury of the Earth
- ★9 (Slay) Oroshi Kirin
- ★8 (Explore) Dragon Eggs
- ★9 (Explore) Elder Dragon Den
- ★9 (Turn) Dreadking & Molten
- ★9 (Slay) Dreadking Rathalos
- ★9 (Slay) Molten Tigrex
- ★4 (Special) Go Nuts for Donuts
- ★8 Sky-Rending Roar
- ★8 King Among Kings
- ★8 (Special) A Meaty Proposition
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug that prevents the Tenacity Skill from activating when switching in another Monstie during battle.
- Fixed a bug that occurs after selling trade-in items via “Sell Trade-in Items” that prevents a player’s funds from increasing if the total amount reaches 10,000,000 or more zenny while also causing their sold items to disappear.
- Fixed a bug that occurs when a player enters a battle while using Lava Dive, causing them to become immobile once the battle is finished and they return to the field.
- Fixed a bug that prevents the game from finishing loading after a player presses buttons repeatedly when changing the time of day at a Catavan Stand or taking a Catavan to another location (during a loading screen).
- There was a bug that occurs during a specific Subquest when the player is carrying an egg in a Monster Den and enters a battle. When the battle finishes, the eggs in the nest have regenerated, but when the player picks up one of these eggs, they cannot exit the den. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that occurs when four players are engaged in a Pair Battle in Versus Battles and both sides lose simultaneously, but rather than enter into sudden death, the game stops functioning properly.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
The post Monster Hunter Stories 2 Update and Patch Notes, Today, September 28 by Sam Woods appeared first on DualShockers.