According to Rockstar’s website, L.A. Noire will be $10 more on the Nintendo Switch. In comparison to Xbox One and PS4 which currently are listed at a price of $39.99.
Taking into account that L.A. Noire was released back in 2011, the $49.99 price point may seem a tad bit expensive especially if you’ve played the game on PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles.
The increase in price is probably due to the cost of manufacturing a physical Switch cartridge which appears to be more expensive compared to optical discs which are cheap and easy to mass produce. Neither Nintendo or Rockstar have released any statements on the matter. This isn’t exactly new, but the question comes down to whether or not previous L.A. Noire fans who own a Switch play it again.
L.A. Noire’s Switch version will include a few nifty features. Can these features justify the price? Possibly. Rockstar has included on their site some of the technological differences that might tickle your fancy. Here’s what you should consider before making the purchase.
The game will include:
- The complete original game and all additional DLC
- New collectibles and detective suits (each with unique special abilities)
- New enhancements specifically made for the Switch console such as:
- A Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, and HD rumble
- New wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles
- Contextual touch screen controls for “on-the-go” detective work
Xbox One and PS4 owners fear not, the game will come with the full original game along with all DLC and better overall graphics in 1080p. A 4k upgrade for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will also be included.
L.A. Noire is set to release on November 14th, just in time for the Holiday season. Are you going to pick it up?