2K Games announced “The People’s Champion,” Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, will act as Executive Soundtrack Producer for the upcoming wrestling game WWE 2K18. The soundtrack is available to stream now through Apple Music.
Johnson briefly shared his thoughts on music, his partnership with 2K Games and Apple Music:
“Music is one of my soul’s anchors. All genres. I’m excited to celebrate my WWE roots by partnering with 2K and Apple Music teams and share some of my favorite hardcore training songs with fans all over the world.”
The soundtrack will be curated by the WWE legend, and will feature eleven songs that represent his favorite musical artists and genres. Here is what player’s will be jamming to as they “Rock Bottom” their opponents:
- Blues Brothers – “Soul Man”;
- Boston – “Smokin’”;
- Bruno Mars – “Runaway Baby”;
- Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”;
- Eazy-E – “Boyz-N-The-Hood”;
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers – “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer”;
- Joe Walsh – “Rocky Mountain Way”;
- Kanye West – “Black Skinhead”;
- Kid Rock – “You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me”;
- ¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) – “Last One Standing”;
- Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian) – “Straight Out The Gate”.
This is not the first time 2K Games collaborated with famous musicians or pop culture icons. Sean Combs (a.k.a. Puff Daddy) curated the soundtrack for WWE 2K17. The publisher also partnered with Jay-Z who also curated a soundtrack for their popular basketball game, NBA 2K13.
Earlier this week, the first 47 playable characters were announced for WWE 2K18. Additionally, a new entrance video was released showcasing the NXT stable, SAnitY.
WWE 2K18 will release on October 17th for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Nintendo Switch version will be available later this year. Fans who invest in the Deluxe or Cena (Nuff) Editions will be able to step into the ring four days early. Those who pre-order any version of the game will get two versions of WWE legend, Kurt Angle.