Every year, the Capcom Cup brings the best fighting game players to one room to duke it out for thousands of dollars. At Capcom Cup 2017, for the first time ever, the annual fighting game tournament will span for three days during Sony’s game-centric show, PlayStation Experience, where a new Street Fighter V champion will be inducted. The winner will get their name engraved on the base of the Capcom Cup trophy and win a cash prize of $370,000.
Here are the details attendees will need to know:
- Friday, December 8, 2017, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, December 9, 2017, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday, December 10, 2017, 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday are at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel (open to everyone)
- Sunday Finals are at PlayStation Experience at the Anaheim Convention Center (PSX badge required)
- Friday and Saturday spectator admission is free.
- Last Chance Qualifier online entry is $20 through December 6.
- On-site registration is available on December 7 for $40.00.
- Visit the Capcom Cup Last Chance Qualifier Smash.gg page for more information.
Another first for the tournament, the Capcom Cup 2017 Last Chance Qualifier will take place at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel — right next to the Anaheim Convention Center — on the first day of the event; the winner will take the last spot in the Capcom Cup. On the second day — which will also be held at the Hilton — thirty two players will then fight their way to the top eight where they will compete at PlayStation Experience in the Anaheim Convention Center.
If you can’t attend, you can watch all three days on Capcom Fighters’ Twitch channel where some special announcements will be revealed.
Check out the trailer to see what you can expect from this year’s Capcom Cup: