One of the biggest game releases for Devolver Digital to date is Absolver. While many reported on the day of its release of server crashes and performance issues, Sloclap announced in a blog post the patch notes for update 1.05.
Although the update is rather small, Sloclap has made crucial bug fixes and stability improvements.
Here is what they fixed in 1.05, courtesy of Absolver’s blog:
- Server connection and matchmaking improvements
- Save game corruption prevention, they’ve implemented a double save to avoid complete progression loss
- General bug fixes when joining a school
- Achievements are now displaying as unlocked for Steam and PS4
- Note: “Beat an AI to unlock your due achievements, there could be a small delay before the achievement pops”
- Invitations across regions is added
- Boss progression will now be updated
- Note: “For now, this fix only works for bosses, we’re still working on fixing the Marked Ones progression issue. We apologize about this issue and are still investigating.”
- General overall stability improvements
While the game currently has mixed reviews on Steam, this did not stop Absolver from topping the charts for the publisher for the first time.
A few days ago, Devolver revealed across both PS4 and PC, concurrent players reached 30,000. Enter the very necessary 1.05 patch. Slocap confirmed there will also be another update, numbered 1.06 coming next week.
Absolver takes place in the ruins of the fallen Adal Empire, players start the game with a mysterious mask and faint memories. The mask is the creation of the Guides, rulers of the lands that drop you into the world where proving your worth to the elite corps of Absolvers is the mission. Learn along the way “forsaken lands”, combat, obtain weapons, gear, and armor. With this, players are able to build a team of fighters in combat focused Arenas.
In addition to the 1.05 patch which is currently available, Sloclap confirmed there will be another update, patch 1.06 is coming next week. We will keep you posted on any further developments.