Even though the highly anticipated Shenmue III was recently pushed back to 2019, we have learned what the minimum system requirements will be for the PC version of the game. This announcement comes through the most recent update on the game’s KickStarter page, which reveals that the backer survey has been sent out by Fangamer.
This survey has backers choosing which version of Shenmue III they would like, so developer Ys Net decided to reveal the minimum PC requirements so backers can see if their PC will run it. These system requirements aren’t too outrageous, though it surprisingly seems like the game will take up 100GB of storage. You can check out the full list of system requirements below:
- OS: Windows 7×64, Windows 8×64, Windows 10×64 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
According to Ys Net, these requirements are technically subject to change before release, as Shenmue III is still in active development. That being said, these system requirements shouldn’t be too far off from what the game will need to run at release.
Shenmue III will release on both PS4 and PC sometime in 2019. SEGA recently announced Shenmue I & II, an HD remaster and re-release of the classic titles on modern platforms. That collection can currently be pre-ordered on Amazon.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.