Paradox Interactive released a new update video for Crusader Kings III starring community developer Rodrigue Delgue. This will be part of a monthly series of updates that discuss the developer diaries published throughout that month, as well as provide fans with the latest community news:
If you’re interested in the dev diaries for this month, you can check those out in the links below:
Last month Crusader Kings III had been officially announced through a new story trailer. Said trailer highlights the title’s theme of using both cunning and alliances to strengthen your kingdom and secure its dynasty for generations to come. Crusader Kings III will be the most recent installment of the popular strategy game franchise Crusader Kings from Paradox Interactive,
According to Game Director Henrik Fåhraeus concerning the latest installment: “Crusader Kings III is a grand medieval simulator where you are free to live out any plausible ruler fantasy that we could think of — but not without challenge. Seeing its predecessor explode in popularity was very satisfying, especially considering that user friendliness was never our primary goal. Now we have a chance to address an even larger audience.”
The official site also details what to expect from the latest Crusader Kings title:
- Shape Your Dynasty: Guide unique characters through history, choosing lifestyles best suited to their personalities and your ambitions.
- Rewrite Medieval History: Dynasties will change and adapt to changes in family and politics, and religious beliefs are more firmly under your control.
- Build a Mighty Kingdom: Use your vassals’ fear of you as a weapon or call on familial obligations to persuade reluctant relatives to submit.
- Experience High Drama: Stranger than fiction stories leap off the screen, as characters plot against you and events push you to extremes.
- Learn as You Go: Guided advice to help newcomers navigate a rich medieval world. In-game suggestions tip you off to paths you might not have considered.
- The Usual Crusader Kings Fun: Keep a stubborn council in line, scheme against your overbearing uncle or marry the rich duchy…oops, I mean pious duke or duchess of your dreams.
Meanwhile, for those wanting to sharpen their skills for next year, Crusader Kings II‘s base game is now free to play for Steam. There’s also plenty of DLC content once you run through the main campaign such as the Monks and Mystics Expansion, Jade Dragon Expansion, and the Holy Fury Expansion.
If you’re a fan of board games, the Crusader Kings The Board Game was fully funded on Kickstarter just last year. Crusader Kings III will launch in 2020, available for PC via Steam and included in Xbox Game Pass for PC
The post Crusader Kings III November Update Details Dynasty System, Mechanics, and More by Allisa James appeared first on DualShockers.